Panasonic is pleased to introduce the new LUMIX S 100mm, the world’s smallest and lightest* medium-telephoto fixed focal length macro lens, weighing approximately 298 grams and featuring a new optical design and a newly developed Dual Phase Linear Motor.
Aaron Waters, Product Marketing Manager, Imaging, Panasonic said: “This new lens is impressively engineered. At 298 grams and just 82mm tall, it is around half the weight and two-thirds the height of many other 100mm macros. Enjoy macro magic in the palm of your hand, with 1:1 life-size magnification allowing you to capture stunning close-ups in intricate detail.”
This lightweight, compact design allows for unrivalled mobility and flexibility in a variety of shooting scenarios. Benefitting from a new focus mechanism, the lens achieves superior tracking performance with fast and precise autofocus. In addition to close-up life-size photography with its 100mm focal length, the new lens produces the impressive portraits that are unique to medium-telephoto lenses, using its large aperture to capture images in high-resolution with stunning bokeh.
Moreover, the lens operates silently, thanks to the new linear motor, and focus breathing is suppressed, making it ideal for capturing video. It also offers micro-step aperture control for smooth exposure changes, as well as the ability to choose between linear or nonlinear focus ring settings. These features have become the hallmark characteristics of LUMIX S Series lenses.
The lens will be available in Australia in early February 2024 from leading photographic specialists.
LUMIX S 100mm F2.8 MACRO (S-E100GC): RRP $1999
The World’s Smallest and Lightest Medium-Telephoto Fixed Focal Length Macro Lens
- Advanced compact optical design featuring a new Double Focus System and a newly developed Dual Phase Linear Motor
- Suitable for use in a wide range of shooting situations thanks to its excellent mobility, such as close-up life-size photography or portraits unique to medium-telephoto lenses
High Resolution and Outstanding Photographic Performance with Fast and Precise Auto Focus
- Boasts high resolution and superior photographic performance in every area, from the centre of the image to the edges
- Faithfully captures every detail of the subject while creating bokeh unique to medium-telephoto macro lenses
- Fast and precise autofocus performance with excellent moving subject tracking and silent focusing
- Enhancements in focus ring detection and control enable more precise focusing when shooting macro photography
Optimal Video Functionality for Video Production
- Silent operation thanks to a newly developed Dual Phase Linear Motor
- Effectively suppresses focus breathing (in which the angle of view changes caused by movements in the focus position)
- Unified design for smooth workflow – the new lens and the S Series Prime 18/24/35/50/85mm lenses feature a common positioning of controls and a similar size and centre of gravity, making it easy to switch between them.
The Panasonic and L-Mount System alliance is committed to the development of L-Mount lenses for the further expansion of its lineup, fulfilling the needs of customers.
For further information please visit www.panasonic.com.au or call 132 600.