Working from home, watching lectures from the bedroom, or any form of hybrid working, learning or teaching are now the new normal for many Australians. Panasonic’s newly released suite of integrated Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) cameras have been designed to meet this change in user demand, offering a cost-effective solution without compromising on the final result.
The new PTZ camera lineup consists of five models starting with the AW-HE20 (HD) and AW-UE20 (4K) entry-level models, the 4K AW-UE40 and AW-UE50 in the mid-tier and the 4K AW-UE80 joining Panasonic’s top-of-the-line robotic cameras. Key capabilities include secure and stable video communication, support for the latest video protocols, easy and versatile installation and operation, and compatibility with the Panasonic ecosystem for smooth integration into existing camera systems.
Whether an educator needs to record their lessons, or professionals need to capture a concert or film a theatre production, through to the most advanced virtual reality (VR) and mixed reality (MR) studios, there will be a Panasonic PTZ camera suitable for the situation.
The wide 71o (H) lens with 12x optical zoom combined with multiple outputs, 3G-SDI, HDMI, USB & IP, which can all be used simultaneously, make the AW-HE20 (HD) and AW-UE20 (4K) ideal utility PTZ cameras for use within small to medium meeting rooms of between four and 16 people or teaching spaces. Adding Panasonic’s widely used AW protocol and streaming protocols ensures the ability to integrate the cameras with most leading recording devices, software, video conference platforms and room automation systems.
The AW-UE40, AW-UE50 and AW-UE80 build on Panasonic’s more than 60 years of developing professional broadcasting equipment, including manufacturing the world’s most widely used professional PTZ cameras for the last 10 years. It is not just one ‘new’ function or feature that sets the AW-UE40, AW-UE50 and AW-UE80 apart, it is the accumulation of many advancements that make these new PTZ cameras exceptional.
Outstanding 4K image quality is delivered through a best-in-class 1/2.5” 4K sensor combined with the best-in-class 4K zoom lens, including optical/optical-electronic image stabilisation. The wide-angle lens increases to over 74o (H) with 24x optical zoom that works flawlessly with i.ZOOM. This results in an effective HD zoom range of 36x, making these cameras perfect for both small and large spaces.
The lens and sensor sit within a compact stylish dome housing incorporating a newly developed proprietary Direct-Drive motor system that delivers the quietest (NC25 or less) movements yet. The added stability minimises blurring, and improvements to positional, speed and dynamic accuracy combine to make the AW-UE40, AW-UE50 and AW-UE80 the perfect solution for preset triggered shots, tracing shots and operated shots.
Mathew Alexander, Product Marketing Manager, Broadcast, Cinema & Professional Video, Panasonic, said: “What’s great about our new PTZ range is that it offers everything. Sometimes you need a range of cameras with varying capabilities to capture different types of shots from multiple angles. The five new models dovetail perfectly into our existing PTZ camera range, offering one of the most complete series available on the market today. With our broad lineup, we ensure that access and control of all your Panasonic professional PTZ cameras remain consistent across all the control hardware and software platforms.
The new PTZ cameras are also packed with protocols, SRT, RTSP and RTMPS streaming. Either built-in or through purchasing a software licence, depending on the model you select, there is high bandwidth HD NDI or NDI/HX available. The AW-UE80 joins our existing AW-UE100 and AW-UE150 cameras with FreeD protocol built-in, making it one of the most straightforward PTZ cameras to integrate into compatible VR, AR, or MR systems.
With a wide array of outputs such as 3G-SDI, HDMI, USB and IP streaming, we truly believe that this new line-up really makes it easier for our customers.”
Ultimate reliability with stable and secure video connection
- For absolute peace of mind, strong encryption of video data protects against information leakage
- Clear 4K video enhances the sense of presence, while Panasonic’s latest generation of optical image stabilisation eliminates blur and shakiness
- Video streaming performance is also optimised using the Secure Reliable Transport protocol
Sleek, compact design with a suite of functions
- The small housing and bottom design allow these PTZ cameras to be installed in places that would be difficult for people to enter and film from. They can be installed on ceilings, walls and any other tricky places that are usually hard to put a camera.
- The quiet proprietary direct drive motor doesn’t disrupt the atmosphere and allows presenters to communicate naturally without being disturbed by the presence of a camera.
- The range supports RTMP/RTMPS which is a key protocol for video distribution and is also FreeD compatible so that AR/VR (augmented and virtual reality) systems can be easily integrated with minimal hassle.
Absolute convenience and stunning picture quality
- The camera range is easily operated and combines a wide-angle view of up to 74.1° with a zoom power of up to 24x so that an entire space can be captured in full detail from the back of a room, and with a small number of cameras.
- Support for NDI🄬|HXenables highly efficient IP transmission, even for large-capacity video in an existing network environment.
- It’s easily linked to PCs and various AV devices with a wide range of available outputs (SDI, HDMI, USB, and IP), and PoE support enables a single-cable solution where video and audio, control and power are provided via a single Ethernet connection.
Compatible with various Panasonic products to reduce production work
- The range streamlines shooting and reduces the operational load and post production work for users. Up to 200 cameras can be managed at the same time with an optional Remote Camera Controller and the provided PTZ Control Centre software. A clear and true image is reliably broadcast with the optional Auto Tracking Software AW-SF100 / AW-SF200.
- The cameras are easily linked with online systems as they support Virtual USB Driver software that makes it possible to use PTZ cameras in places that would typically be difficult for USB cables to reach.
With this comprehensive range, Panasonic is leading the way by offering a new, compact PTZ camera line and a full ecosystem to support end user workflows. Panasonic continues to support its customers – whether they’re filming a rugby game in a large arena or a work meeting in a small office space, each need is equally as important, and Panasonic offers a PTZ camera solution for any kind of scenario.
|Colour||White (W)/ Black (K)|
|Image Sensor||1/2.5” MOS||1/2.8” MOS|
|Optical zoom magnification||24 x||12 x|
|Horizontal angle of view||74.1°||71°|
|PoE power supply||PoE++||PoE+|
|New direct drive motor||Yes||－|
|Image stabilization||optical, electronic||optical||－|
|High Bandwidth NDI🄬||Yes(up to FHD)||－|
|NDI🄬|HX||Yes||Yes (Activation required)||－|
|Panasonic Remote Camera Controller||AW-RP150GJ||Yes|
|Panasonic paid software*
*90-days free trial is available
|Auto Tracking Software||Yes||－|
|Visual Preset Software||Yes|
|Panasonic free software||PTZ Control Center||Yes|
|Virtual USB Driver||Yes|
|EasyIP Setup Tool Plus||Yes|
|AW-HE20||Pricing to be announced||February 2022|
|AW-UE20||Pricing to be announced||February 2022|
|AW-UE40||$4,971 inc. GST||February 2022|
|AW-UE50||$6,130 inc. GST||February 2022|
|AW-UE80||$9,963 inc. GST||February 2022|
For more information on Panasonic’s range of Broadcast and ProAV products, please visit: https://business.panasonic.com.au/.