Technics today announced the launch of the new ‘Premium C600’ Series – comprised of the compact and connected SA-C600 Network CD Receiver, and the small but impressive SB-C600 Bookshelf Speaker System.
Aaron Waters, Product Marketing Manager – Imaging & Technics, Panasonic, said: “The SB-C600 is an ideal match for the high-quality performance of the SA-C600. Together, they form an attractive, audiophile-standard duo that modern music lovers will enjoy, setting new standards for audio quality and design within the modern home.”
For hi-fi enthusiasts, the SA-C600 and SB-C600 combination offers the advantage of a compact option while ensuring high performance, without the need for additional components to complete their home audio setup.
The SA-C600 is an addition to the Technics portfolio that fills the gap between the all-in-one compact speaker systems, such as the C70MK2, and true separate component systems, such as the C700 and the G700M2 systems. This elegant receiver component delivers a superior audio environment, with design aesthetics that ensure harmonious matching with other Technics offerings.
Despite its small size, the SB-C600 Speaker System can recreate a spacious, ‘concert hall’ impression in the home – revealing every detail with vibrancy, power and a large soundstage. As befits this premium class, the SA-C600 has an elegant silver hairline-brushed aluminum top plate, while the SB-C600 features a minimalist matte black finish.
Technics SA-C600 Compact Network CD Receiver: $1,749RRP
Technics SB-C600 Compact Bookshelf Speaker System: $1,749RRP
Both models are available at selected Technics audio specialist retailers from mid-February.
SA-C600 Compact Network CD Receiver
The SA-C600 has an impressive list of specifications. It incorporates the sophisticated full-digital amplification technology of the JENO Engine, which is the basis for the powerful and dynamic audio quality of all Technics products, while also meeting today’s consumer demand for connectivity and flexibility.
- Elegant, compact CD top-loader design
- 2 x 60W into 4 ohms for room-filling power and dynamics
- Technics’ proprietary full-digital amplifier based on the JENO Engine (Jitter Elimination and Noise-Shaping Optimisation)
- Low noise power supply
- Left and right channel individual Space Tune with additional “In-shelf” option
- High-quality Phono MM input
- Optical SPDIF input with auto power-on function when detecting source signal – especially comfortable with TV signals
- Subwoofer output
- Chromecast built-in for multiroom capability and access to streaming services
- Spotify Connect, TIDAL, Deezer and Amazon Music
- Internet Radio / DAB / FM
- AirPlay 2
- MQA decoding
SB-C600 Compact Bookshelf Speaker System
When hearing the name ‘Technics’, most hi-fi and music lovers immediately think of the brand‘s legendary turntables. However, the first Technics product ever built, back in 1965, was a small two-way bookshelf speaker system. This design set a new performance level for compact speakers at the time. It is no challenge to design huge speaker systems capable of a large, realistic performance.
However, to craft a very compact speaker system that can recreate a spacious, ‘concert hall’ experience in the home requires advanced expertise. Technics’ engineers have made the best use of their know-how, perfectly demonstrated in the new SB-C600 speaker system. The SB-C600 is a compact two-way bass reflex speaker with a unique coaxial drive unit working as a point source, built on the ‘Linear Phase’ principle.
Technologically, it borrows many aspects from its bigger sibling, the Technics SB-G90M2 speaker system. With the SB-C600, thorough CAE analysis was used to optimise drivers, elements and enclosure structures to efficiently eliminate unwanted vibrations and distortions, and to significantly improve overall clarity and performance quality.
- Phase Precision Driver, emulating the driver in the SB-G90M2 floorstanding speaker, consisting of a 15cm large-diameter woofer, accompanied by a 25mm aluminium dome tweeter
- Linear Phase Plug, as used in the SB-G90M2, suppressing unwanted phase disturbance, thus enabling a seamless integration of mid and high range, with a natural sound free of distortion
- Balanced Driver Mounting Architecture (BDMA), fixing the driver to an inner Speaker Mount Baffle in the centre of gravity around the magnet, thus preventing tumbling motion. This eliminates unnecessary vibration of the sound wall for higher purity of sound
- Front port with accurate curve and vortex generators designed via airflow analysis to eliminate any ventilating noise
- Rigid cabinet with inner Speaker Mount Baffle, suppressing vibrations for an ultimately natural sound with superb timing and soundstage
Technics is the brand name of hi-fi audio products owned by the Panasonic Corporation based in Osaka, Japan. The Technics brand was founded in 1965. Driven by a constant thirst for innovation and excellence within the audio field, scores of legendary hi-fi components have been released by the Technics brand, many of them having set new standards in the audio world.