Panasonic has announced that it will release firmware update programs on 24 November 2020 for the LUMIX DC-S1H (Ver.2.2), S1R (Ver.1.6), S1 (Ver.1.6) and S5 (Ver.2.0) LUMIX S Series full-frame mirrorless cameras; and for the DC-G100 (Ver.1.1) LUMIX G Series MFT (Micro Four Thirds) mirrorless camera.
Panasonic is also pleased to announce a future firmware update exclusively for the LUMIX S1 (Ver.2.0) to further enhance functions and performance. This is scheduled for the first half of 2021.
Firmware Update Programs to be released on 24 November 2020
DC-S1H Firmware Version 2.2 DC-S1R Firmware Version 1.6
DC-S1 Firmware Version 1.6 DC-S5 Firmware Version 2.0
- Improved AF performance (S1H, S1R, S1)
The AF improvements introduced with the S5 will be available on the S1R, S1H and S1 for both video recording and still shooting. In addition to the eye, face and body, the head is also separately recognised by real-time detection technology to provide even more precise focusing. The camera keeps tracking subjects when they move quickly, turn away, tilt their head or move far away from the camera. Also, improvements to DFD technology have enhanced AFC, which allows the camera to keep tracking small or fast-moving subjects and capture them in crisp focus.
- Human/Animal recognition can be set ON or OFF when the AF mode is set to [1-Area] or [1-Area+]. (S1H, S1R, S1, S5)
- [AF+MF] can be used during video recording (S1H, S1R, S1, S5)
- Recognition performance during video recording in V-Log has been improved. (S1H, S1, S5)
- [SS/Gain Operation] function has been added. (S1R, S1, S5)
- [Red REC Frame Indicator] is available. (S1R, S1)
- It is possible to play back vertical videos vertically. (S1H, S1R, S1)
- 4K video files can be transferred to a smartphone via Wi-Fi. (S1H, S1R, S1)
- [Horizontal Image Flip(Monitor)] / [Vertical Image Flip(Monitor)] enables to reverse or not to reverse the monitor image when the free-angle monitor is rotated. (S1H,S5)
Firmware Update Programs to be released on 24 November 2020 – S1R only
- 5K (4992×3744) video recording in MOV is available.
- [Like 2100(HLG)] has been added in [Photo Style] to support 10-bit HDR video recording.
- High-Resolution audio recording using an XLR Microphone Adaptor DMW-XLR1 is available and it can be controlled with [XLR Mic Adaptor Setting] menu. *MOV only
- [Luminance Level] function supports the 10-bit mode.
- 4K 60P/50P 4:2:2 10-bit video output over HDMI is supported.
Firmware Update Programs to be released on 24 November 2020 – S5 only
- C4K (4096×2160) MOV can be recorded.
- RAW Video Data output over HDMI is supported.
Apple ProRes RAW can be recorded on Atomos NINJA V.
*All functions may not be available depending on the situation.
*Software that supports Apple ProRes RAW is required to edit RAW video recorded with NINJA V.
*Apply the LUT (Look up table) available on the following customer support site for the same color grading as V-Log/V-Gamut. https://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/download/lut/s1h_raw_lut/
- It is possible to display a Vector Scope.
- [Master Pedestal Level] function has been added.
- [L.ClassicNeo] and [L.Monochrome S] have been added to Photo Style.
DC-G100 Firmware Version 1.1
- The camera will be compatible with LUMIX Webcam Software (Beta).
- [Horizontal Image Flip(Monitor)] / [Vertical Image Flip(Monitor)] enables to reverse or not to reverse the monitor image when the free-angle monitor is rotated.
Firmware Update Program to be released in the first half of 2021
DC-S1 Firmware Version 2.0
The LUMIX S1 will continue to evolve to meet the demands of users. [5.9K] / [4K] / [Anamorphic (4:3) 3.5K] 12-bit RAW video data can be output over HDMI, thus, the RAW video data can be recorded on Atomos Ninja V*1*2. Also, 5.9K/C4K internal video recording, 4K60p/50p 4:2:0 10bit recording as well as Anamorphic mode and Timecode will also be available*2. The firmware itself enables manual setting of Dual Native ISO.
*1 5.9K(5888×3312) 29.97p/25p, 4K(4128×2176) 59.94p/50p, Anamorphic 3.5K(3536×2656)/50p.
*2 To activate functions related to MOV and V-Log video recording, a Software Upgrade Key DMW-SFU2 (sold separately) is required. Users who already have the DMW-SFU2 do not need to purchase an extra DMW-SFU2.
For further information, please visit www.panasonic.com.au or call 132 600.